2017 STIHL HTA 85
Stock Image: Shown with Optional Support Foot
A 12’ telescopic pole pruner, powered by 36-volt Lithium-Ion battery technology.
Homeowners and tree care professionals now have a quiet, zero-exhaust emission, low vibration option for trimming overhead branches. The STIHL HTA 85 Lithium-Ion battery pole pruner offers lightweight, balanced cutting thanks to its brushless, commercial-grade, high-torque electric motor. Part of the STIHL Battery KombiSystem, the HTA 85 runs on the same interchangeable battery system as other STIHL Lithium-Ion tools and offers long run times on a single charge – up to three hours depending on which battery – with no gradual drop in performance. The HTA 85 telescopes to 12 feet for those tall tree-trimming tasks and requires minimal maintenance since it has no engine or filter. Best of all, there’s no gasoline cost and no restrictive power cords.
Recommended Battery (sold separately): AP 300 - up to 50 min.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Telescoping Pole: With an adjustable shaft, telescoping pole pruners can cut branches up to 16 feet above ground.
- Retaining Latch: All STIHL Battery powered products feature a retaining latch that is designed to prevent the unit from unintentional starts when the battery is inserted.
- Weight w/o Battery: 4.9 kg. (10.8 lb.)
- Weight w/ AP 100: 5.7 kg. (12.6 lb.)
- Weight w/ AP 300: 6.6 kg. (14.6 lb.)
- Overall Length: 8.2 in. to 12.1 in.
- OILOMATIC® Chain/Guide Bar Size: 1/4 in. PM3, 10 in. to 12 in. Bar
- Run Time (w/ AP 300): Up to 50 minutes
- Power Source: Battery
- Engine Type
- Lithium-Ion battery-powered
- Shaft Length
- 8.2 in. to 12.1 in.
- Bar Length
- 10 in. to 12 in.