2017 STIHL HS 82 R
This gasoline-powered hedge trimmer boasts less weight and greater fuel efficiency, as well as increased blade speed when compared to the previous model – great for professional performance and precise cutting.
Greater fuel efficiency and less weight* – the STIHL HS 82 R is a win-win for professional landscapers. The “R” indicates a cutting blade designed for thinning, rejuvenation and pruning of woody shrubs and hedges. Available in both 24” and 30” blade length options, this hedge trimmer offers two ways to tackle trimming tasks. Even with its high torque engine, the HS 82 R uses 20% less fuel than previous models, reducing fuel costs and improving the bottom line. It also features low-vibration technology and a swivel handle for comfort and control when cutting.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Double-Sided Blades: The dual-ground blade system provides a clean cut and is ideal for cutting through stronger, thicker branches.
- Displacement: 22.7 cc (1.4 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.7 kW (0.90 bhp)
- Weight: With 24 in. blade: 5.4 kg (11.9 lb.)
- Weight: With 30 in. blade: 5.7 kg (12.6 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 460 cc (15.6 oz.)
- Blade Length: 24 in. or 30 in.
- Strokes Per Minute: 3100
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.4 cu. in. (22.7 cc)
- Cutting Length
- 24 in. or 30 in.
- Cutter Type
- With 24 in. blade: 11.9 lb. (5.4 kg); With 30 in. blade: 12.6 lb. (5.7 kg)